The secret to making tasty soups is:
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3 medium parsnips
- 1 medium turnip
- 2 garlic heads or about 15 individual garlic cloves peeled
- 2 medium leeks or 4 medium onions peeled and halved, trimmed and quartered
- 2 stalks of celery quartered
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- 2 small shakes of pepper
- 2 small slices of cut whole ginger (fresh)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- several mint leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine ingredients with water in a large pot, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered 30-90 minutes.
- To make as a stew, use less water.
- This mixture can also be used as 3-7 minute quick boiled vegetables.