- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed gently
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 2 cups unrefined apple juice
- Pinch sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons dissolved arrowroot powder. The amount depends on desired thickness - sauce should be soft and loose.
- Combine above ingredients, except the arrowroot, in a pot and heat on medium flame.
- When the berries are softened, stir in the dissolved arrowroot powder until the juice clears.
- Remove to bowl to cool.
- May be served warm or chilled over granola crunch.
- Optional - 1 tablespoon maple syrup may be added for more sweetness if desired. Also, strawberries may be substituted for raspberries.