Ingredients: *What are these foods?
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi paste*
- 2-3 teaspoons brown rice syrup*
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Dry roast pumpkin seeds in a skillet over high heat until they begin to pop.
- Then turn heat down to medium low and continue to stir until all the seeds are popped.
- Immediately remove from the skillet, place in a suribachi (ridged bowl), and with a wooden pestle grind the seeds to a coarse powder.
- Add umeboshi, rice syrup, lemon juice and 1/2 the water.
- Mix well, taste and add the rest of the water if needed.