This dish creates a nice sweet taste.
- 1 cup millet
- 2- 2-1/2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sweet vegetables, diced (winter squash, carrots, onions, cabbage, etc.)
- Wash millet.
- Put in a pot with water, vegetables and sea salt (or 1 inch piece kombu)
- Bring to a boil, turn flame down to low, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
(Millet can also be pressure cooked for 20 minutes.)
- Place cooked millet in a loaf pan or baking dish to set and cool.
- It can then be cut into squares or slices when cooled.