Ingredients: Serves 4 or more
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 red radishes, sliced in half moons
- 1 small cucumber, sliced in quarters
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Garnish with sprouts, lettuce
- 1/4 cup sesame or olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- Put cooked chickpeas in marinade and let sit 1-2 hours or all day.
- One hour before serving add the cucumber, radishes, celery to the chickpeas.
- Mix in parsley.
- On a serving platter, put down a layer of lettuce leaves or sprouts and place the chickpea salad on top.
- Serve with pita bread.