- 2 cups fresh sweet corn, removed from cob
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup lettuce, cut fine
- Place 2-3 inches of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Blanch the corn for 2 minutes.
- Next blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Place blanched vegetables in a mixing bowl along with the red onion, carrots and lettuce.
- Mix together and place in a serving bowl.
Creamy Tofu Dill Dressing
Ingredients: *What are these foods?
- 1/2 lb firm tofu*
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar*
- 1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar*
- 2 teaspoon shoyu soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Place tofu, water, umeboshi vinegar, rice vinegar, shoyu and dill in a blender.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the dressing over each serving over each serving of salad just before serving.