- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob and blanched
- 1/2 cup snowpeas, blanched and cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup onion, diced and marinated in umeboshi vinegar for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced and blanched
- Place rice in pot, add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn flame down and simmer for 60 minutes using a flame deflector.
- Remove rice immediately from pot when done cooking. Fluff with chopsticks or fork.
- When rice has cooled, add blanched vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallions or red onion
- Place dressing ingredients into a small pan and heat for 2 minutes.
- Cool and mix into rice salad.
- Garnish with scallions or red onion.