Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 teaspoons sesame or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 ears corn cut off the cob
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each fresh thyme, basil, sage & rosemary or if using dried 1/2
- 6 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/4 cup shoyu soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, corn and salt until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the herbs, water or stock, pepper (optional) and lentils.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add shoyu and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions or parsley.