Granola crunch makes a great snack as well as part of a dessert. It's delicious when also sprinkled on top of puddings. The recipe below is unbeatable for flavor and texture.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/8 cup apple juice
- 5/8 cup barley malt
- 5/8 cup unrefined corn oil (Spectrum brand)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the liquid ingredients and mix into the dry. You may want to use your fingers to thoroughly coat the flour and oats.
- Spread mixture evenly on an oiled cookie pan and bake, turning over every 5 minutes, for approximately 20-30 minutes. Do not burn - turning is essential for even baking.
- Mixture will break up as it is turned to make the chunky crunch.
- Granola is done when it is evenly crisp.
- Remove immediately to large bowl to cool.
Serve this with the Raspberry Blueberry Sauce.